Last week’s highlights
- The housing price index for the capital region increased by 0.6% MoM in February, bringing the YoY increase to 7.3%.
- Statistics Iceland released its monthly Tourism short-term indicators.
- The total catch of Icelandic vessels was just over 76 thousand tonnes in February.
The week ahead
- We expect the MPC to hold policy rates unchanged on Wednesday.
- On Thursday, Statistics Iceland will release CPI numbers for March. We expect a 0.45% increase between months and the headline inflation to increase from 4.1% to 4.3%.