Icelandic Economic Weekly: 1 February 2021
Last week’s highlights
- The Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs made a formal decision to initiate the sale shares in Íslandsbanki.
- The Treasury issued a eurobond.
- Landsbankinn issued a bond in SEK.
- The CPI based on prices in January decreased by 0.06% between months due to seasonal sales, bringing the headline number to 4.3%.
- The CBI released the results of its market expectations survey.
The week ahead
- We expect the MPC to hold policy rates unchanged on Wednesday.
- Concurrent with the interest rate decision, the CBI will publish its quarterly Monetary Bulletin.