Last week’s highlights
- The MPC raised policy rates by 0.25 percentage points.
- Concurrent with the policy rate decision, the CBI published its quarterly Monetary Bulletin.
- The trade in goods and services deficit in Q2 was ISK 30.5 bn.
The week ahead
- On Monday, Statistics Iceland will release CPI numbers for August. We expect a 0.35% increase between months and headline inflation to decrease from 4.3% to 4.2%.
- On Tuesday, Statistics Iceland will release GDP figures for Q2 as well as revised figures for 2020.
- On Thursday, the CBI will release balance of payments for Q2.