The inflation rate, measuring 9.7% in August, decreased YoY between months.
Last week’s highlights
- Statistics Iceland released CPI numbers for August. The CPI rose by 0.29% between months.
- GDP increased by 6.1% in Q2, according to Statistics Iceland.
- The CBI released balance of payments and external position for Q2.
- Origo and Sýn published Q2 earnings.
The week ahead
- On Wednesday, the CBI releases minutes from the latest meeting of the Monetary Policy Committee. The CBI will also publish the real effective exchange rate based on prices in August.
- On Friday, the Directorate of Labour releases unemployment numbers.