Last week’s highlights
- Registered unemployment was 4.5% in April, compared to 4.9% in March.
- The Icelandic Tourist Board published departures from Keflavík International Airport. Foreign passengers departing via Keflavík International Airport were 103,000 in April and Icelanders numbered 58,000.
- S&P Global Ratings affirmed Iceland‘s ratings at ‘A/A-1’.
- Sýn, Kvika banki and Eimskip published Q1 earnings.
- PLAY reported an over 50% increase in passengers in April from previous month.
- Total turnover of domestic payment cards was ISK 102.1 bn in April 2022, with debit card turnover accounting for ISK 45.0 bn and credit cards ISK 57.1 bn.
The week ahead
- Reitir and Iceland Seafood will publish earnings.
- On Tuesday, Registers Iceland will release the capital area housing price index for March.
- On Wednesday, the CBI will release the minutes of the last meeting of the Monetary Policy Committee.