Last week’s highlights
- S&P Global Ratings affirmed its 'A/A-1' sovereign credit ratings on Iceland.
- The GDM released its monthly Market Information report.
- Registered unemployment was 10.4% in April, down from 11% in March.
- A total of 5,800 foreign visitors travelled through Keflavik International Airport in April, a 94.7% decrease YoY.
The week ahead
- On Tuesday, Registers Iceland will publish the housing price index for the capital region.
- We expect the MPC to hold policy rates unchanged on Wednesday.
- Concurrent with the interest rate decision, the CBI will publish its quarterly Monetary Bulletin.