The inflation rate, measuring 8.8% in June, has doubled in a year to reach its highest level since October 2009, when it was 9.7%.
Last week’s highlights
- Statistics Iceland released CPI numbers for June. The CPI rose by 1.4% between months.
- The CBI released its quarterly Economic Indicators.
The week ahead
- On Wednesday, the CBI releases the minutes of the last meeting of the Monetary Policy Committee.
- On Thursday, the CBI publishes the real effective exchange rate based on prices in June.
- On Friday, the Directorate of Labour releases unemployment numbers.