Last week’s highlights
- Fitch Ratings affirmed Iceland’s sovereign rating at ‘A’, with a negative outlook.
- The housing price index for the capital region increased by 1.6% MoM in August, bringing the YoY increase to 16.4%.
- Statistics Iceland released the results of its monthly labour force survey for August, financial accounts for 2020 and the wage index for August.
- The CBI released foreign direct investment statistics for 2020.
The week ahead
- On Tuesday, Statistics Iceland will release CPI numbers for September. We expect a 0.5% increase between months and headline inflation to increase from 4.3% to 4.4%.
- On Wednesday, the CBI will release the statement of its Financial Stability Committee as well as publishing its bi-annual Financial Stability report.
- On Thursday, the CBI will publish its quarterly Economic Indicators.